The EUROPEAN ORGANISATION FOR TECHNICAL ASSESSMENT (EOTA) is seeking to recruit a technical assistant for its General Secretariat based in Brussels.
EOTA is the organisation of Technical Assessment Bodies (TABs) for construction products under the Construction Products Regulation (Regulation (EU) No. 305/2011). EOTA's main mission is to develop European Assessment Documents (EADs) as a basis for European Technical Assessments (ETAs) and CE marking of construction products.
The technical assistant will be part of the Secretariat team and provide technical support to the EOTA members. You will report directly to the Secretary General.
- Managing operational activities related to EAD/ETA requests (e.g. initiating written consultation procedures, maintaining related databases and list servers, processing incoming emails)
- Providing quality control for EADs/ETAs in development, both technical and editorial;
- Assisting TABs in the EAD/ETA development procedure which is managed in a network cloud environment;
- Entering references of EADs/ETAs for publication in the public information tool database;
- Reporting on EAD/ETA processes to the Technical Board Chair and EOTA Secretary General;
- Reporting on the EAD service to the EOTA Technical Board and Executive Board as well as to the EC Advisory Group for Construction and the Standing Committee on Construction;
- Assisting the Secretary General in managing EU-related projects (co-ordination with working group convenors and secretaries, supporting the elaboration of technical reports for EC grants)
- Managing EAD translations in preparation for their publication in the EU Official Journal
- Master’s degree in civil or structural engineering or similar;
- Minimum of 2 years ' experience with EAD/ETA content or the content of harmonised standards;
- Good understanding of European regulatory framework and relevant stakeholders;
- Excellent written and spoken English, other languages are an asset;
- IT knowledge, including database management and network applications, in particular Sharepoint/Microsoft 365 knowledge would be an asset;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in an international environment;
- Well organized and capable of working consistently towards objectives within given deadlines;
- an attractive and competitive salary package
- an excellent opportunity to develop your technical and professional skills in an international environment
Please send in your CV (maximum 2 pages), motivation letter and references to the EOTA Secretariat, until 30 May 2019 at: firstname.lastname@example.org. (ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR THE INTERVIEW WILL RECEIVE A REPLY)